We played a new maths game called Starfish. You need good concentration and to know your number bonds. This is how you play it.
- Take the jokers out and shuffle the cards.
- Deal 5 cards face up to your partner in a starfish shape.
- Deal 5 cards face up to yourself in a starfish shape.
- Put 5 cards face up in the middle in a starfish shape with a gap in the middle. The rest of the cards go in the gap in the middle (in one pile face down). You can now start the game.
- Look at the starfish in the middle. Can you add or take away two numbers to make one of your 5 answer cards. When you can, turn over all those cards (e.g 3+1=4~ turn over, 3, 1 ,4).
- Make sure there are always 5 cards face up in the middle starfish.
- If you and your partner can’t make a calculation you put out 5 new cards in the middle.
- The winner is the first person to turn over all their cards.
Tips: To make it easier take out the J,Q and K. ( J=11, Q=12, K=13)
Posted by Christa, Alfie and Rory.